Delhi’s IGI overrides JFK, debuts in world’s top 20 busiest airports
New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport is no longer ranked among the 20 busiest in the world, thanks to the rush in Asia. Among those pushing out JFK was New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport that made its debut on the table last year at No. 16, according to Airports Council International rankings released Monday. The Indian airfield was also the fastest-growing on the list, with passenger growth at 14%, followed by the 10% clip at China’s Guangzhou, which climbed two notches to No. 13.
- Amazon disputes data showing Flipkart ahead in festive sales
- India seeks middle ground with US and Iran as sanctions near
- Fissures in Karnataka Congress as senior leader Patil criticizes minister Shivakumar
- India-Sri Lanka talks to focus on development
- New RBI norms put mobile wallets on par with payments banks