World Environment Day: Delhi slum drowns in sea of plastic
Taimur Nagar is one of the several slum settlements struggling to cope with waste and filth in Delhi, which generates 9,600 tonnes of plastic waste per day. India is the focus of World Environment Day on Tuesday, but it is far from the minds of the long-suffering inhabitants of Taimur Nagar. India, Asia’s third-largest economy, had 14 of the world’s 15 worst cities for dirty air in a recent World Health Organization survey. Delhi improved its ranking to sixth from the most polluted city in 2014.
- Govt said to have asked Tatas to explore Jet Airways bid
- Amazon’s All-new Echo Plus packs a punch for casual music lovers
- Love reading, so which Kindle e-reader is the right fit for you?
- Walmart upbeat on outlook as sales global growth continues
- ITC eyes Rs1 trillion turnover from FMCG, plans to expand food portfolio