World Environment Day: Delhi slum drowns in sea of plastic
Taimur Nagar is one of the several slum settlements struggling to cope with waste and filth in Delhi, which generates 9,600 tonnes of plastic waste per day. India is the focus of World Environment Day on Tuesday, but it is far from the minds of the long-suffering inhabitants of Taimur Nagar. India, Asia’s third-largest economy, had 14 of the world’s 15 worst cities for dirty air in a recent World Health Organization survey. Delhi improved its ranking to sixth from the most polluted city in 2014.
- Now, you can lace new Nike Adapt BB shoes with your smartphone
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ publisher files $25-million lawsuit against Netflix over ‘Bandersnatch’
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here