World Environment Day: Delhi slum drowns in sea of plastic
Taimur Nagar is one of the several slum settlements struggling to cope with waste and filth in Delhi, which generates 9,600 tonnes of plastic waste per day. India is the focus of World Environment Day on Tuesday, but it is far from the minds of the long-suffering inhabitants of Taimur Nagar. India, Asia’s third-largest economy, had 14 of the world’s 15 worst cities for dirty air in a recent World Health Organization survey. Delhi improved its ranking to sixth from the most polluted city in 2014.
- FATF ‘grey list’: Pak scrambling to put in place measures to comply with anti-terror funding rules
- BSE to launch new platform to list startups next month
- Fresh-out-on-bail jeweller vows to revive Atlas Jewellery amid share surge
- Gold prices rise today on jewellers’ buying, silver rate falls
- CPM plans nationwide campaign to press for electoral reforms