Nepal at top of India’s Neighbourhood First policy: Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in Nepal on a mission to bridge the trust deficit between India and the Himalayan nation. The two leaders held talks and released joint statement. PM Modi arrived in Kathmandu on May 11 after attending the civic reception in Janakpur. The Prime Minister is on a two day visit to Nepal. Modi and his Nepal counterpart KP Oli drew a tourism circuit with Ramayana as the dominant theme. The two leaders inaugurated a bus service between Janakpur, considered in Hindu mythology as Goddess Sita’s ‘maika’ (parent’s place), and her ‘sasural’ (inlaws’ place), Ayodhya.
- ‘It’s a battle for the survival of scientific research’
- Sidhu’s seat at Imran’s swearing in may cause flutter in New Delhi
- A bus ride to Kerala: Crisis brings people together
- Kerala floods: Govt directs insurers to settle claims at the earliest
- Among Pak PM Imran Khan’s 5 biggest challenges: Trade with India, IMF bailout