Ola in talks to buy Freshmenu after Foodpanda acquisition
Ola is also exploring possibility of setting up an independent food-tech start-up as part of a plan to have a group company-like structure similar to that of Flipkart. Apart from its core cab hailing business and Foodpanda, Ola has a payments business called Ola Money. It also bought public transportation app Ridlr last week for an undisclosed amount. Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal is considering ways to have independent assets that can together increase Ola’s valuation. Ola’s inspiration is Flipkart, whose ownership of Myntra and Jabong as well as PhonePe has made it more attractive to investors.
- WhatsApp to offer 24-hour customer support for its payments services in India
- Vodafone-Idea merger may get delayed as DoT looking to raise fresh demand of Rs4,700 crore
- PM Modi says violence can never solve any problem
- Narendra Modi inaugurates Delhi Metro’s Mundka-Bahadurgarh section
- Heads of 11-state owned banks to appear before parliamentary panel on Tuesday