Ola in talks to buy Freshmenu after Foodpanda acquisition
Ola is also exploring possibility of setting up an independent food-tech start-up as part of a plan to have a group company-like structure similar to that of Flipkart. Apart from its core cab hailing business and Foodpanda, Ola has a payments business called Ola Money. It also bought public transportation app Ridlr last week for an undisclosed amount. Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal is considering ways to have independent assets that can together increase Ola’s valuation. Ola’s inspiration is Flipkart, whose ownership of Myntra and Jabong as well as PhonePe has made it more attractive to investors.
- Nissan wants less clout from Renault as Japan seeks to stabilise alliance
- Carlos Ghosn felt stars deserved big pay. His accusers say he took that too far
- European privacy search engines aim to challenge Google
- 50% of existing ATMs across India to shut down by March 2019: CATMI
- Global growth to slow to 3.5% in 2019: OECD