Malala Yousafzai’s first visit to Pakistan after her fatal attack
Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai made her way to Pakistan after six years and the first time since she was shot in the head by Taliban for advocating the right to girls education in Swat Valley in 2012. The details of her visit and itinerary were kept secret due to the sensitive nature of the trip. She met with Pakistani Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi and gave a speech at the Prime Minister’s office, where she teared up. Pakistani nationals were also happy about her visit and called her the nation’s pride, who was advocating for girls’ right to education.
- FIIs have made a comeback to India, but will they stay long?
- Debt funds vs bank fixed deposits (FDs): What you need to know
- Rise in extreme weather events in India raises concerns over climate change impact
- US, China set to resume talks to resolve stand-off over trade
- NAA plans to knock on factory gates to enforce GST rate cuts