Tobacco products will now come with scarier warnings
The health ministry has released a new set of pictorial health warnings for mandatory display covering 85% on both sides of bidis, chewing tobacco and cigarette packs. For the first time, packs will come with the warning, “Tobacco causes painful death” written in white lettering on a red background. The words “Quit Today call 1800-11-2356” will appear in white on a black background.
- Govt moots quarterly performance appraisal of top educational institutions
- Railways on the right track in states with JV projects
- Zika virus may be present in other parts of India too: study
- Amazon disputes data showing Flipkart ahead in festive sales
- India seeks middle ground with US and Iran as sanctions near