Swiggy enters unicorn club with $210 million funding
The latest funding, led by Naspers and Yuri Milner’s DST Global, values Swiggy at roughly $1.3 billion, surpassing rival Zomato’s $1.1 billion valuation. Swiggy, founded in August 2014, is one of the fastest entrants into the unicorn club. Swiggy plans to use the funds to ramp up its supply-chain network and expand to new markets. Swiggy operates in 15 cities and claims to have more than 35,000 restaurant partners on its platform. It has a delivery fleet of over 40,000.
- Now, you can lace new Nike Adapt BB shoes with your smartphone
- ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ publisher files $25-million lawsuit against Netflix over ‘Bandersnatch’
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here