Telugu cinema is beating Bollywood abroad
Telugu biographical drama ‘Mahanati’ recently touched the $2.5 million mark in the US box office. The Keerthy Suresh-starrer joins a long list of Telugu films currently storming the most important overseas market for Indian cinema, historically dominated by Bollywood. Earlier in the year, both Mahesh Babu’s political thriller Bharat Ane Nenu and Ram Charan-starrer Rangasthalam managed more than $3 million in India. Much higher than recent Bollywood superhits that hovered around the $1 million mark.
- India among top countries to incur most loss from climate change, finds research
- 57% of regular Indian employees earn less than ₹10,000
- Muslim body moves SC seeking to strike down triple talaq ordinance
- Bids invited for debt-ridden Videocon under insolvency resolution process
- Cloud technologies growing fast in India: Prasad Rai