Pakistan’s Pashtuns rally against abuses by security forces
In a rare public challenge to Pakistan’s powerful armed forces, thousands of Pashtuns rally in the northwestern city of Peshawar to call for an end to abuses by police and troops. Hundreds held posters or photos of missing family members and friends, whom they say have been seized by security forces during military operations against insurgents. Speakers at the rally organised by the Pashtun Protection Movement demanded better treatment for ethnic Pashtuns. According to organisers, at least 2,000 new cases of forced disappearances were registered during the rally.
- NBCC (India): A giant order book and an earnings disappointment in Q2
- Brokerages cut target price on Shree Cement after Q2 result
- Mahanagar Gas Q2 results light up on better volume growth
- What’s driving regional language video news apps in Rural India?
- Altico invests ₹570 crore in Bengaluru real estate projects