Karnataka Polls: Pink polling booths installed to boost women voters
In a move to boost participation of women voters in Karnataka elections, Election Commission has installed pink polling booths in constituencies also known as Sakhi. Staff and security personnel are exclusively women in these premises. Gender Studies scholars and political analysts have hailed this move, saying that it would encourage more women to come out and vote. Scholars working in the field of Women’s Studies and electoral practices have appreciated the move. Scholars have also asked for better transportation facilities, especially in far-flung areas, to encourage women to come out and exercise their franchise.
- Amazon Prime Day sale: List of best discounts on smartphones, earphones, TV
- Thai cave rescue: Elon Musk’s ‘pedo’ tweet may draw legal action from British caver Vernon Unsworth
- Donald Trump blames ‘US foolishness and stupidity’ for poor Russia ties
- Oil prices fall as Saudis offer more supply, US weighs SPR release
- Selloff in India bond market nearing end, predicts market veteran