Jeff Bezos becomes the richest man in modern history
The Amazon.com founder’s net worth reached $150 billion on Monday which is $55 billion ahead of Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates’s net worth. Bezos also topped Gates in inflation-adjusted terms. The $100 billion mark that Gates hit briefly in 1999 at the peak of the dot-com boom would be about $149 billion in today’s dollars.
- Nissan wants less clout from Renault as Japan seeks to stabilise alliance
- Carlos Ghosn felt stars deserved big pay. His accusers say he took that too far
- European privacy search engines aim to challenge Google
- 50% of existing ATMs across India to shut down by March 2019: CATMI
- Global growth to slow to 3.5% in 2019: OECD