Nifty hits record high, Sensex crosses 37,000 for first time
India’s benchmark Sensex Index hit the 37,000-mark for the first time on Thursday and the Nifty 50 Index also touched an all-time high driven by optimism that earnings growth will pick up further because of favourable government policies. Normal monsoon so far also boosted the sentiment. India’s south west monsoon has recovered in the past week. The cumulative deficit has, by 23 July, narrowed to 2% of the long-term average from -9% earlier in the month.
- Investors ignore NMDC’s price cuts, and worry about its Donimalai iron ore mine instead
- Reverse Pitch| “Out of 5,000 ventures, only 2% get showcased to our members”
- Congress wins Chhattisgarh by a landslide, puts an end to Raman Singh era
- Opinion| A comprehensive rejection of BJP by Chhattisgarh
- Opinion: Why Urjit Patel will not be missed as RBI governor