Policybazaar joins unicorn club with $200 million funding
Online financial services portal raises funds from SoftBank Group, its existing investors. Founded in 2008, Policybazaar currently accounts for nearly 25 per cent of India’s life cover, and over 7 per cent of India’s retail health insurance business. The online insurance platform competes with Sequoia Capital-backed BankBazaar, a new entrant Coverfox, which recently raised $22 million, besides Fairfax Financial Holdings-backed Digit Insurance, and start-up Acko, which raised $12 million from Amazon in May this year.
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here
- YouTube clarifies rules on pranks as risky memes rage
- Volkswagen and Ford’s marriage leaves investors feeling jilted