Vietnam drag queens electrify Hanoi
Cross-dressers by night, a vanguard of Vietnamese drag queens are shaking up Hanoi’s nightlife, and social norms, in a city where drag remains little known. The drag night started as a weekly viewing party for the hit TV series “RuPaul’s Drag Race” and quickly transformed into a show of its own, drawing a handful of men in drag to the stage for punchy lip-sync performances. The queens who turn out for her Saturday night parties say they have few places to perform in a city where cross-dressing remains largely obscure, unlike in the West where starlets like RuPaul, the drag queen mother, have helped to popularize it.
- Football World Cup kicks off a boom in TV sales
- NDA has appointed 17 SC, 315 HC judges: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Rajya Sabha deputy chairman poll to be next test for opposition unity
- With no farm loan waiver in sight, Karnataka farmers to hit the streets today
- Uddhav Thackeray calls Arvind Kejriwal, expresses solidarity with AAP