India among the hardest hit by protectionism
Among the largest economies in the G-20 group, China, the US and India have been hit the hardest by protectionist measures in 2017, according to data from the Global Trade Alerts (GTA) database. Among emerging economies, China faced the greatest number of protectionist interventions in the past year, followed by India. Recent developments—including US tariff actions against India—suggest that India could be hit hard by the growing tide of protectionism in the coming months as well. India was affected by protectionist interventions implemented largely by rich economies, the data shows. Within the G-20 club, fellow emerging economies have been less unkind to India compared to the advanced economies.
- Trump defies calls to punish Saudi crown prince for Khashoggi’s death
- Nissan wants less clout from Renault as Japan seeks to stabilise alliance
- Carlos Ghosn felt stars deserved big pay. His accusers say he took that too far
- European privacy search engines aim to challenge Google
- 50% of existing ATMs across India to shut down by March 2019: CATMI