India among the hardest hit by protectionism
Among the largest economies in the G-20 group, China, the US and India have been hit the hardest by protectionist measures in 2017, according to data from the Global Trade Alerts (GTA) database. Among emerging economies, China faced the greatest number of protectionist interventions in the past year, followed by India. Recent developments—including US tariff actions against India—suggest that India could be hit hard by the growing tide of protectionism in the coming months as well. India was affected by protectionist interventions implemented largely by rich economies, the data shows. Within the G-20 club, fellow emerging economies have been less unkind to India compared to the advanced economies.
- WhatsApp to offer 24-hour customer support for its payments services in India
- Vodafone-Idea merger may get delayed as DoT looking to raise fresh demand of Rs4,700 crore
- PM Modi says violence can never solve any problem
- Narendra Modi inaugurates Delhi Metro’s Mundka-Bahadurgarh section
- Heads of 11-state owned banks to appear before parliamentary panel on Tuesday