Bangladeshi workers await justice five years after Rana Plaza tragedy
Bangladesh marks the fifth anniversary of one of the nation’s worst industrial disasters on Tuesday. More than 1,100 workers were killed when the Rana Plaza building that housed a garment factory, collapsed on 24April 2013. The collapse triggered worldwide outrage and spotlighted the Western clothing brands benefitting from the country’s low wages, which are among the world’s lowest.
- Startup co-working spaces find a new address: shopping malls
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber broadband preview offer launched. It is free for 3 months
- Maruti Suzuki wants suppliers to sell spare parts through dealerships, service centres
- Why the Indian economy suffers when you save less
- We can’t compete with big AMCs, but there is room to grow given the size of MF market: G. Pradeepkumar