Bangladeshi workers await justice five years after Rana Plaza tragedy
Bangladesh marks the fifth anniversary of one of the nation’s worst industrial disasters on Tuesday. More than 1,100 workers were killed when the Rana Plaza building that housed a garment factory, collapsed on 24April 2013. The collapse triggered worldwide outrage and spotlighted the Western clothing brands benefitting from the country’s low wages, which are among the world’s lowest.
- Markets extend gains on narrowing trade deficit
- Oil drops as oversupply, economic growth worries weigh
- Donald Trump slams Fed on eve of rate meeting amid ‘very strong’ dollar
- Govt to amend laws to allow banks, telecom firms to use Aadhaar
- Sebi makes investing in MFs less pricey; puts cap on total expenses