Bangladeshi workers await justice five years after Rana Plaza tragedy
Bangladesh marks the fifth anniversary of one of the nation’s worst industrial disasters on Tuesday. More than 1,100 workers were killed when the Rana Plaza building that housed a garment factory, collapsed on 24April 2013. The collapse triggered worldwide outrage and spotlighted the Western clothing brands benefitting from the country’s low wages, which are among the world’s lowest.
- Delta Airlines set to resume non-stop flights to Mumbai next year
- Ahead of IPO, Eastman Auto and Power offers ESOPs to staff
- CBSE Class 12 result 2018 to be declared tomorrow, Google to also host results
- Mahindra opens its first assembly plant in South Africa
- Anil Agarwal wants to build Vedanta into giant producer of commodities to rival majors