Vijay Mallya’s private jet auctioned for ₹35 crore, finally
After four failed attempts since March 2016, India’s service tax authorities have sold Vijay Mallya’s luxury jet for ₹34.8 crore to US-based Aviation Management Sales. The aircraft on auction was the Airbus A319 luxury jet, which Mallya used to fly across the world for business deals. The auction is a part of the government’s attempt to recover nearly ₹800 crore in dues that had accumulated on account of non-payment of service tax by Kingfisher Airlines.
- General Electric shakes up power unit leadership, taps retired executive to help
- Samsung Galaxy A9 India launch today: Everything you need to know
- CropIn Technology raises $8 million from Chiratae Ventures, Gates Foundation
- Tatas to go slow on deal to acquire debt-laden Jet Airways: Report
- Unhappy with ‘developments’, says departing Yes Bank director