India Most Dangerous For Women: Thomson Reuters Survey
War-torn Afghanistan and Syria ranked second and third in the Thomson Reuters Foundation survey of about 550 experts on women’s issues, followed by Somalia and Saudi Arabia. The only western nation in the top 10 was the United States, which ranked joint third when respondents were asked where women were most at risk of sexual violence, harassment and being coerced into sex. The poll was a repeat of a survey in 2011 when experts saw Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, India, and Somalia as the most dangerous countries for women.
- China says ‘cannot accept’ new US trade accusations
- HC rejects Mallya’s plea for stay on ED’s request to declare him fugitive
- Greenhouse gas levels in atmosphere hit new high: UN
- Indian students engage more in extra classes, co-curricular activities than peers: Cambridge study
- Volvo to assemble plug-in-hybrid vehicles in India