India Most Dangerous For Women: Thomson Reuters Survey
War-torn Afghanistan and Syria ranked second and third in the Thomson Reuters Foundation survey of about 550 experts on women’s issues, followed by Somalia and Saudi Arabia. The only western nation in the top 10 was the United States, which ranked joint third when respondents were asked where women were most at risk of sexual violence, harassment and being coerced into sex. The poll was a repeat of a survey in 2011 when experts saw Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, India, and Somalia as the most dangerous countries for women.
- Instamojo raises Rs 50 crore in Series B from Gunosy, Kalaari and other investors
- No end to commuter woes as BEST bus strike in Mumbai continues
- Petrol price falls after 6 days but no relief for diesel consumers. Check today’s rates here
- YouTube clarifies rules on pranks as risky memes rage
- Volkswagen and Ford’s marriage leaves investors feeling jilted