Xiaomi leads India’s smartphone market again, Huawei moves into top five: report
After overtaking Samsung as the market leader in India in Q4 2017, Xiaomi consolidated the lead with 31.1% of the smartphone market share in Q1 2018, according to the latest report by Counterpoint Research, a Hong Kong based research firm Xiaomi’s market share in the previous quarter was 25%. The report attributes Xiaomi’s success to a series of new smartphone launches in the budget segment.Chinese companies continue to dominate India’s smartphone market while the top five players now control 70% of the market share.
- Opinion | A game theory take on sexual harassment
- India pulls up WTO secretariat over comprehensive reforms call
- Advertising’s #MeToo moment: 4 top bosses of Dentsu Aegis resign
- Govt liberalizes CBSE affiliation norms, says reforms will bring in more transparency
- Supreme Court’s decision on Aadhaar: impact on tax compliance