Xiaomi leads India’s smartphone market again, Huawei moves into top five: report
After overtaking Samsung as the market leader in India in Q4 2017, Xiaomi consolidated the lead with 31.1% of the smartphone market share in Q1 2018, according to the latest report by Counterpoint Research, a Hong Kong based research firm Xiaomi’s market share in the previous quarter was 25%. The report attributes Xiaomi’s success to a series of new smartphone launches in the budget segment.Chinese companies continue to dominate India’s smartphone market while the top five players now control 70% of the market share.
- Malwares focus on Wi-Fi and cryptocurrencies
- IBC amendments will expedite Bank NPA cases: FICCI
- Sterlite: Tamil Nadu cuts power to Vedanta’ Thoothukudi copper plant after deadly anti-pollution protests
- Govt hikes customs duty on wheat to 30% to curb cheaper imports
- Ikea ties up with UrbanClap for its upcoming Hyderabad store