Patanjali sales growth grinds to a halt in FY18
Demonetisation and GST rollout impacted Patanjali as well, says MD Acharya Balkrishna, adding that the firm will do better next year. Some analysts are asking whether Patanjali is approaching the limit of its long growth expansion. They attribute the slowdown in sales growth to rivals catching up with competing products and Patanjali’s inability to handle the expansion. Sachin Bobade, an analyst with Mumbai-based Dolat Capital Market, believes consumers of Patanjali, especially in the urban areas, shifted to other brands because of quality issues.
- Over 40% firms feel RBI may further hike rates: CII survey
- WhatsApp appoints Komal Lahiri as grievance officer for India
- TDP MLA Kidari Sarveswara Rao killed in Naxal attack at Araku in Visakhapatnam
- Seven of top 10 Indian firms lose ₹89,779 crore in m-cap, RIL worst hit
- M.V. Dhurandhar: Servant of the Raj, painter of the soil