Facebook profit up, no impact from privacy scandal
Facebook profit in the first quarter of 2018 jumped 63% from a year ago to $5 billion, and total revenues increase 49% to $11.97 billion. The number of Facebook users monthly climbed 13% from last year to 2.2 billion as of end of March, despite concerns that users would abandon the network. Facebook strong earnings report comes as it grapples with a data privacy scandal that strikes at how the huge social network makes money from what it knows about people.
- Floods bring to fore staff shortage at disaster management agencies
- Centre, states differ over who will foot bill for MSME tax break
- IITs move to cut course fees, woo more foreign students
- As India, Japan talk security, next in Delhi is China defence chief
- India’s GDP rose fourfold in 1993-2012, while wages only doubled: ILO