Mukesh Ambani’s $4 billion shopping spree
Mukesh Amabani’s RIL has struck at least 12 deals over 12 months with an estimated tab of about Rs 289 billion ($4.21 billion), according to calculations by Jefferies Group LLC and Bloomberg. Ten of these are related to his consumer business. Ambani has also capitalised on India’s ongoing bad-debt issues with purchases of distressed or insolvent companies including a local textile-maker, a carbon-fiber firm and the wireless assets of an indebted telecom company.
- Trump defies calls to punish Saudi crown prince for Khashoggi’s death
- Nissan wants less clout from Renault as Japan seeks to stabilise alliance
- Carlos Ghosn felt stars deserved big pay. His accusers say he took that too far
- European privacy search engines aim to challenge Google
- 50% of existing ATMs across India to shut down by March 2019: CATMI