Mukesh Ambani’s $4 billion shopping spree
Mukesh Amabani’s RIL has struck at least 12 deals over 12 months with an estimated tab of about Rs 289 billion ($4.21 billion), according to calculations by Jefferies Group LLC and Bloomberg. Ten of these are related to his consumer business. Ambani has also capitalised on India’s ongoing bad-debt issues with purchases of distressed or insolvent companies including a local textile-maker, a carbon-fiber firm and the wireless assets of an indebted telecom company.
- The idea of a rating agency is very widely supported: NDB’s Leslie Maasdorp
- SUN Mobility plans up to 100 battery swapping stations by FY19 end
- Mafia dons cannot become messiahs
- Govt plans to decriminalize less serious Companies Act violations
- India urges China to issue longer work visa permits to Indians