Mukesh Ambani’s $4 billion shopping spree
Mukesh Amabani’s RIL has struck at least 12 deals over 12 months with an estimated tab of about Rs 289 billion ($4.21 billion), according to calculations by Jefferies Group LLC and Bloomberg. Ten of these are related to his consumer business. Ambani has also capitalised on India’s ongoing bad-debt issues with purchases of distressed or insolvent companies including a local textile-maker, a carbon-fiber firm and the wireless assets of an indebted telecom company.
- Nikon Z6, Z7 mirrorless cameras launched in India; prices start Rs 1,69,950
- Triple Talaq ordinance gets Union Cabinet approval
- BSE to conduct mock trading in commodity derivatives segment on Saturday
- CBI probes Cyril Amarchand in PNB fraud investigation
- Ferrari SUV to be called Purosangue, 15 new cars coming