Toyota, Suzuki in tie-up to sell each other’s cars in India
While Suzuki will supply its Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota, it will source Toyota’s Corolla and sell it through Maruti Suzuki dealerships. The coming together of Toyota, the world’s largest automobile company, and Suzuki, which dominates the Indian market, underlines the importance of the local passenger vehicle market that is expected to triple to 9.4 million units by 2026 from 3.2 million now if the economy grows at an average rate of 5.8% a year, according to the government’s Auto Mission Plan 2016-26.
- Floods bring to fore staff shortage at disaster management agencies
- Centre, states differ over who will foot bill for MSME tax break
- IITs move to cut course fees, woo more foreign students
- As India, Japan talk security, next in Delhi is China defence chief
- India’s GDP rose fourfold in 1993-2012, while wages only doubled: ILO