Toyota, Suzuki in tie-up to sell each other’s cars in India
While Suzuki will supply its Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota, it will source Toyota’s Corolla and sell it through Maruti Suzuki dealerships. The coming together of Toyota, the world’s largest automobile company, and Suzuki, which dominates the Indian market, underlines the importance of the local passenger vehicle market that is expected to triple to 9.4 million units by 2026 from 3.2 million now if the economy grows at an average rate of 5.8% a year, according to the government’s Auto Mission Plan 2016-26.
- Tynor Orthotics raises Rs 143 crore from Lighthouse, Thuasne
- Paytm buys Flipkart-backed Cube26, aims to boost customer experience
- True North in talks to pick up a stake in Sesa Hair Oil
- Telematics-based insurance takes a big hit due to lack of data protection, IRDA’s fixed pricing laws
- Delhi HC questions AAP dharna at L-G Anil Baijal’s office