Ola follows Flipkart
Ola (ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd) is adopting a holding company structure similar to that of India’s most successful internet startup Flipkart to boost the cab-hailing company’s valuation, this as per officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Once set up the holding company will own different units, including its core cab business, food delivery app Foodpanda and the nascent businesses of electric vehicles and the international unit. These businesses and some others are expected to have their respective heads who will run them independently.
- Donald Trump slams Fed on eve of rate meeting amid ‘very strong’ dollar
- Govt to amend laws to allow banks, telecom firms to use Aadhaar
- Sebi makes investing in MFs less pricey; puts cap on total expenses
- Govt tussle with RBI could undermine long-term financial stability, says S&P
- Opinion: Goldman 1MDB charges will give bankers shivers