Steel production in India seen increasing to a record in FY18
India’s steel production rose to 86.7 million tonnes in the nine months to December 2017 from 73.96 million tonnes in the year-ago period, steel ministry data shows. JSW Steel (with a capacity of 18 mt) and Jindal Steel and Power (8.6 mt) recorded their highest ever quarterly and monthly crude steel production, respectively in the March quarter. Tata Steel (13 mt) was hampered by a temporary technical snag at its Kalinganagar blast furnace but crossed the 3 mt mark for the quarter. At 12.48 mt for the year, it recorded its highest ever output for the full year FY18.
- Sebi makes investing in MFs less pricey; puts cap on total expenses
- Govt tussle with RBI could undermine long-term financial stability, says S&P
- Opinion: Goldman 1MDB charges will give bankers shivers
- Dubai’s DP World seeks to quash India antitrust probe over Mumbai port
- Bhupesh Baghel sworn in as Chhattisgarh chief minister