Govt looks past airlines for Air India sale
The eligibility criteria for the strategic disinvestment is only financial and does not require investors to have prior experience in the aviation sector. Emphasis on allowing other investors to bid in the Air India privatisation process comes after some airlines, including IndiGo and Jet Airways, dropped out. So far the department of investment and public asset management has received a lot of queries regarding Air India privatisation from prospective airline and non-airline investors.
- DGCA advises airlines not to overprice air tickets to Kerala
- Tech, not Turkey, proves catalyst behind global sell-off
- Why Zuckerberg buying Messi’s magic on TV is a perfect game for Facebook
- Tencent stuns with first profit drop in a decade
- Proxy advisory firm seeks change in voting rules for related-party transactions