Salman Khan’s Race 3 profitable from day 1
The film that stars Anil Kapoor, Bobby Deol and Jacqueline Fernandez, besides Khan, is expected to release in 4,000-5,000 screens. Apart from BlackBerry and Paytm as brand partners, producers Khan and Tips Films have gone all out with promotions, including appearances on reality shows, and an aggressive digital marketing campaign. Trade experts expect the domestic lifetime business of ‘Race 3’ to inch close to ₹275-300 crore, which pegs Salman Khan’s share at ₹150 crore. The Remo D’Souza-directed film made at a budget of ₹100-110 crore, has sold its satellite TV and digital media rights for ₹130 crore to Star India and Amazon Prime Video, respectively, according to film trade experts.
- Investors ignore NMDC’s price cuts, and worry about its Donimalai iron ore mine instead
- Reverse Pitch| “Out of 5,000 ventures, only 2% get showcased to our members”
- Congress wins Chhattisgarh by a landslide, puts an end to Raman Singh era
- Opinion| A comprehensive rejection of BJP by Chhattisgarh
- Opinion: Why Urjit Patel will not be missed as RBI governor