China’s fertility treatment boom catered abroad
China is seeing a boom in people seeking fertility treatment following the end of its decades-long one child policy, turning the country into one of the world’s biggest markets for solutions like IVF. But domestic restrictions on egg donation and surrogacy are sending many to overseas clinics in places like Thailand and Cambodia.
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group
- Tata Steel to buy Usha Martin’s steel business for up to Rs 4,700 crore
- Apple’s new smartwatch will monitor your heart only in the US, not in India or elsewhere
- Are 5 year-old smartphones still relevant today?
- OPEC and allies struggle to pump more oil as Iran supply falls