Million bank workers continue strike on day 2
Around 1 million bank employees are on strike across India. They are demanding salary revision. The strikers are unhappy with a proposed 2% wage rise offer as India’s current inflation rate is around 4.5%. Indian banks are one of the most troubled lenders in the world with high levels of non-performing assets.
- Q1 results: Sun Pharma’s US business peeps out from clouds
- Independence Day special: What financial freedom means to these 9 people
- Bitcoin, Ether prices sink as selloff in crypto-currencies continues
- WhatsApp not released yet on JioPhone; Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps supported starting today
- Kerala floods: Kochi airport shut till Saturday as rain misery returns