Million bank workers continue strike on day 2
Around 1 million bank employees are on strike across India. They are demanding salary revision. The strikers are unhappy with a proposed 2% wage rise offer as India’s current inflation rate is around 4.5%. Indian banks are one of the most troubled lenders in the world with high levels of non-performing assets.
- Cipla gets USFDA nod for generic Testosterone Cypionate injection
- If Taj Mansingh is so popular, why’s no one buying it?
- Trade brawls get world’s top central bankers worried for growth
- Govt plans Rs10,000 crore tender to set up more rural Wi-Fi hotspots
- Bank of Maharashtra shares slump 7% after CEO’s arrest, hit fresh 52-week low