What the pho! Vietnam streetfood cocktails make a splash
With his daring pho cocktail inspired by Vietnam’s signature beef noodle soup, Hanoi’s leading hipster bartender Pham Tien Tiep is hoping to elevate the drinking scene in a city better known for its raucous outdoor beer dens. He developed the cocktail six years ago while working at the French hotel, inspired by his time working in a pho restaurant as a teenager. The award-winning bartender never imagined he would one day be slinging $7 cocktails at his packed bar. Tiep’s customers have mostly welcomed his novel take on the national dish.
- Opinion | A game theory take on sexual harassment
- India pulls up WTO secretariat over comprehensive reforms call
- Advertising’s #MeToo moment: 4 top bosses of Dentsu Aegis resign
- Govt liberalizes CBSE affiliation norms, says reforms will bring in more transparency
- Supreme Court’s decision on Aadhaar: impact on tax compliance