The Narendra Modi government has been cracking down on shell companies as part of a drive against black money. Among other measures, it has frozen the bank accounts of more than 200,000 companies struck off the records of the Registrar of Companies to prevent their directors from accessing the accounts.
More from Drawbridge »
Fri, Jun 22 2018. 08 37 AM IST
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices