The things heterosexuals say
A short and sweet primer on sexism, male privilege, gender and sex
With Pride Month kicking off in Mumbai on 3 January, a host of events have been planned over the following few weeks. You can catch a glimpse of them here . While the final Pride march will take place on 6 February, now’s a good time to go over some of the things that people say to gay people, which they really shouldn’t. These panels below, called ‘Sexist things people say’ have been taken from Gaysi’s recently released zine. The fourth edition of the Mumbai-based queer multimedia outfit is their first graphic outing. The panels have been made by Anushka Jadhav, managing director at No Country For Women, an organization that seeks to redress ineffective knowledge of gender, sex and sexuality in India.
Happy new year, folks. Don’t offend a gay person this year. Support equal rights for everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation, class, caste and location.
The Sex Talk is a blog on gender, sexuality, and blind spots
Editor's Picks »
- Independence Day special: What financial freedom means to these 9 people
- Bitcoin, Ether prices sink as selloff in crypto-currencies continues
- WhatsApp not released yet on JioPhone; Facebook, YouTube and Google Maps supported starting today
- Kerala floods: Kochi airport shut till Saturday as rain misery returns
- PM Modi focuses on development for all in I-Day speech
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost