Tata Sons, the holding company of the Tata group, announced on Monday that Cyrus Mistry was being removed a chairman and that his predecessor, Ratan Tata, would step in as interim chairman. Mistry, in an email to the board that became public, warned of a Rs1.18 trillion writedown, over time, from five unprofitable businesses and questioned various decisions taken prior to his tenure.
More from Drawbridge »
Fri, Jun 22 2018. 08 37 AM IST
- FPIs invest over $1 billion in November so far on easing oil prices, rupee recovery
- Seven of top 10 firms add over Rs70 trillion in m-cap; RIL tops chart
- How parents teach smart spending with apps, not cash
- What if holidays could save the planet?
- US seeks to counter China with Papua New Guinea power grid
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India