Chief minister Nitish Kumar resigned, effectively ending his 20-month-old alliance with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD). Armed with a reassurance of support from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which came hours later, Kumar approached the governor of Bihar for a fresh shot at the job on Thursday. Less than 24 hours after his resignation as chief minister, Nitish Kumar was back at the helm of Bihar.
More from Drawbridge »
Fri, Jun 22 2018. 08 37 AM IST
- UltraTech’s dismal Q2 results darken outlook on cement sector
- NBFC liquidity crisis set to worsen real estate sector woes
- RBI pause on interest rate hike may last only till December
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen