Chief minister Nitish Kumar resigned, effectively ending his 20-month-old alliance with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD). Armed with a reassurance of support from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which came hours later, Kumar approached the governor of Bihar for a fresh shot at the job on Thursday. Less than 24 hours after his resignation as chief minister, Nitish Kumar was back at the helm of Bihar.
More from Drawbridge »
Fri, Jun 22 2018. 08 37 AM IST
- Walmart completes deal to buy Flipkart for $16 billion
- Volkswagen CEO knew about emissions software months before scandal
- Insolvency: Govt may come up with new law for registered valuers
- Rupee likely to stabilise at 68-69 a dollar, says government
- Turkey will defy economic threats, says President Erdogan