Chief minister Nitish Kumar resigned, effectively ending his 20-month-old alliance with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD). Armed with a reassurance of support from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which came hours later, Kumar approached the governor of Bihar for a fresh shot at the job on Thursday. Less than 24 hours after his resignation as chief minister, Nitish Kumar was back at the helm of Bihar.
More from Drawbridge »
Fri, Jun 22 2018. 08 37 AM IST
- MNF cruises to victory in Mizoram as sun sets on Congress in North-East
- BJP faces internal rumbles in defeat, may see a shake-up ahead of general election
- Funding in deep-tech start-ups climbs to record $248 million so far this year
- A decade on, former insurgent and two-time CM Zoramthanga scripts a comeback
- India’s semi-final elections, explained in five charts
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices