Railways permits m-Aadhaar as ID proof for travellers
The Ministry of Railways says it has decided to allow m-Aadhaar, a digital version of the Aadhaar card, as proof of identity for travellers in any reserved class
New Delhi: The Ministry of Railways on Wednesday said it has decided to allow m-Aadhaar, a digital version of the Aadhaar card, as proof of identity for travellers in any reserved class.
The m-Aadhaar is a mobile app launched by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on which a person can download his/her Aadhaar card. It can, however, be downloaded only on the mobile number to which Aadhaar has been linked.
To show Aadhaar a passenger has to open the app and enter his/her password. “m-Aadhaar when shown by the passenger on his/her mobile after entering the password should be accepted as a proof of identity for undertaking journey in any reserved class over Indian Railways,” the ministry said in a statement.
Currently, the m-Aadhaar app is available on Google Play Store.
- Govt issues draft cross-border insolvency norms, seeks public comments
- CBI asked to conclude Saradha, Narada probes
- Buoyant stock market, real estate made Indian HNIs wealth grow fastest in 2017: report
- US quits UN Human Rights Council, scorning it as anti-Israel
- Over 7,000 people from India applied for asylum in US in 2017: UN report
Editor's Picks »
- With fall of the last dove, MPC minutes portend more than one RBI rate hike
- RITES IPO ticks the valuations box, but not the growth one
- Is Reliance Jio really India’s most profitable telecom firm?
- How US-China trade war will affect India
- Dear ICICI Bank board, giving a red card to Chanda Kochhar is not enough