BJP announces candidates for bypolls in 6 states, 1 Lok Sabha seat
- China fails to get Indian support for Belt and Road ahead of summit
- Govt acts against rape, but make sons more responsible: PM Modi at rally
- How 3% yields could reshape the investing landscape
- Cryptocurrencies climb again as April rally storms toward 75%
- Celebrating TCS’s triumph and the spunk of Flipkart
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday announced candidates for bypolls to assembly seats in 6 states and 1 Lok Sabha constituency in Kerala.
The party has fielded N Sreeprakash from Malappuram, the seat, which fell vacant after demise of former Union minister and Indian Union Muslim League president E.Ahamed last month.
The party has also fielded Gangai Amaran from the R.K. Nagar constituency in Tamil Nadu, a seat that had fallen vacant after the demise of J.Jayalalithaa, former chief minister of the state.
Apart from Tamil Nadu, candidates have been fielded for assembly by-polls to two seats each in Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka and one seat in Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and West Bengal.