#Congress suspended 5 of its party workers who after being denied party tickets chose to stand as independents against Congress nominated members.— Tv9 Gujarati (@tv9gujarati) December 6, 2017
Limdi - Mahesh Majithiya
Prantij : Rajendrasinh Zala
Kankrej : Lembuji Thakor
Tharad : Mavji Patel
Lunawada : Ratansinh Rathod
Gujarat Elections 2017 LIVE: Shameful posturing by Congress on Ram Mandir issue, says Amit Shah
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today campaigned for the BJP in the Gujarat assembly elections 2017 in Dhandhuka, Dahod and Netrang. Here are the latest updates
- 6.23 pm ISTAmit Shah slams Congress’ over Ram Mandir issue
- 5.52 pm ISTCongress suspends five dissident party workers
- 5.19 pm ISTOur govt works for tribal welfare, says PM Modi in Netrang
- 5.12 pm ISTPM Narendra Modi addresses rally in Netrang
- 5.01 pm ISTBJP president Amit Shah addresses rally in Dwarka
- 4.16 pm ISTRahul Gandhi visiting temples is a win of Hindutva: Shiv Sena
- 3.51 pm ISTGujarat poll has turned Rahul Gandhi into a leader: Shiv Sena
- 3.47 pm ISTRahul Gandhi now questions Gujarat’s health record in tweet
- 3.21 pm ISTOur government works for the poor, says PM Modi in Dahod
- 2.45 pm ISTPM Modi addresses election rally in Dahod
- 2.26 pm ISTBJP reacts on Sunni Waqf Board’s stand on Kapil Sibal’s statement
- 1.54 pm ISTSunni Waqf Board distances itself from Kapil Sibal’s statement in Supreme Court
- 1.32 pm ISTI will not be silent on triple talaq, says PM Modi
- 1.26 pm ISTWhy Kapil Sibal links Ram Mandir with elections, asks PM Modi in Dhandhuka
- 1.17 pm ISTPM Modi questions Kapil Sibal’s stand on Ayodhya issue
- 1.08 pm ISTCongress has done greatest injustice to Sardar Patel, Babasahed Ambedkar, says PM Modi
- 1.04 pm ISTPM Modi’s campaign schedule for 6 December
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday addressed three campaign rallies for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Gujarat’s Dhandhuka, Dahod and Netrang. PM Modi focused on governance issues, highlighting his government’s pro-poor measures as well as targeting the Congress for ignoring Gujarat. Modi also raised the issue of Kapil Sibal’s statement on the Ayodhya issue made in the Supreme Court yesterday. Meanwhile, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in a tweet questioned the Gujarat government’s track record on health. Gandhi has been asking a series of ‘tough’ questions to PM Modi-led BJP over various governance issues.The first phase of voting in the two-phase elections for the 182-member Gujarat assembly will take place on 9 December. The second phase of voting is on 14 December and the counting of votes will take place on 18 December.Here are the latest updates and developments from the Gujarat elections 2017:
- 6.23 pm IST Amit Shah slams Congress’ over Ram Mandir issueBJP chief Amit Shah today stepped up his attack on the Congress over the Ram temple issue by accusing it of “shameful posturing”. “Now that Sunni Waqf Board has said that they don’t agree with what Kapil Sibal said in court, it is certain that Sibal spoke in his capacity as a Congress leader, with the blessings of their high command. Shameful posturing by Congress on Ram Temple issue!” he said in a tweet. (PTI)
- 5.52 pm IST Congress suspends five dissident party workersCongress has reportedly suspended five of its party workers who chose to stand as independents after being denied tickets in the Gujarat assembly elections.
- 5.19 pm IST Our govt works for tribal welfare, says PM Modi in NetrangPM Modi in Netrang: “They call us a Government of the rich. It is the blessings of the poor that make us rich. Our asset is the hard work of the poor. Our Government worked for tribal welfare, ensured better education, healthcare.” (ANI)
- 5.12 pm IST PM Narendra Modi addresses rally in NetrangAddressing his last election rally of the day in Netrang, Prime Minister Narendra Modi sharply attacked the Congress party. “Congress feels only one family won India freedom. They forget the contribution of the tribal communities to India’s freedom struggle,” he said.
- 5.01 pm IST BJP president Amit Shah addresses rally in DwarkaBJP president Amit Shah is campaigning in Dwarka ahead of the first phase of voting on 9 December.
- 4.16 pm IST Rahul Gandhi visiting temples is a win of Hindutva: Shiv Sena“The election, which is touted by the BJP to be a sure win, seems to have tired Prime Minister Narendra Modi, as it has turned Rahul Gandhi into a leader,” the Sena, a long-time but often bickering partner of the BJP, said in an editorial in its mouthpiece ‘Saamana’.“The polls have proved that Rahul Gandhi is not a Pappu anymore. The BJP should have a big heart and accept this,” the party said. The position of the Congress across the country is bad, the Sena noted, adding “Gandhi will have to carve a way out of the dense fog of vilification and political maze the BJP has created for the party.” “The BJP is even angry with Rahul Gandhi for his visits to temples and offering prayers. On the contrary, it should be welcomed. Rahul Gandhi visiting temples is a win of Hindutva. If he is taking the party towards Hindutva from bogus secularism, the Sangh should welcome it,” the Sena said. (PTI)
- 3.47 pm IST Rahul Gandhi now questions Gujarat’s health record in tweetRahul Gandhi today posted his 8th question to PM Modi as part of his Gujarat campaign.
22 सालों का हिसाब#गुजरात_मांगे_जवाब— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) December 6, 2017
39% बच्चे कुपोषण से बेज़ार
हर 1000 में 33 नवजात मौत के शिकार
चिकित्सा के बढ़ते हुए भाव
डाक्टरों का घोर अभाव
भुज में 'मित्र' को 99 साल के लिए दिया सरकारी अस्पताल
क्या यही है आपके स्वास्थ्य प्रबंध का कमाल?
- 3.21 pm IST Our government works for the poor, says PM Modi in DahodAddressing a campaign rally in Dahod, Prime Minister Narendra Modi focused on his government’s efforts to improve the qualify of life for the poor and marginalised sections, especially scheduled tribes. “Our government works for the poor. We opened 30 crore bank accounts. Before our government, there was no separate budget for tribes,” Tv9 Gujarati quoted Modi as saying.
- 1.54 pm IST Sunni Waqf Board distances itself from Kapil Sibal’s statement in Supreme CourtMeanwhile, Sunni Waq Board’s Haji Mehboob has said that the body wants an early solution to the Ayodhya issue, distancing itself from its lawyer Kapil Sibal’s statement in the Supreme Court yesterday. Sibal had said that the final hearing in the Ayodhya case should be held after the General Elections in 2019. (ANI)
Yes Kapil Sibal is our lawyer but he is also related to a political party, his statement in SC yesterday was wrong, we want a solution to the issue at the earliest: Haji Mehboob,Sunni Waqf Board #Ayodhya pic.twitter.com/CMN8MXr5ta— ANI (@ANI) December 6, 2017
- 1.32 pm IST I will not be silent on triple talaq, says PM ModiPM Modi on triple talaq issue: “When Triple Talaq matter was in SC, Government had to put their affidavit, newspapers commented that Modi will remain silent because of UP polls. People told me not to speak on the matter else there will be losses in elections. I am clear that on Triple Talaq I will not be silent. Everything is not about elections. This issue is for the rights of women...elections come later humanity comes first.”
- 1.26 pm IST Why Kapil Sibal links Ram Mandir with elections, asks PM Modi in Dhandhuka
Congress MP Kapil Sibal argued in SC yesterday to postpone the hearing on Shri Ram Mandir in Ayodhya till 2019. Why does he have to link Ram Mandir with elections? Is such thinking proper? Congress should answer : PM @narendramodi— BJP (@BJP4India) December 6, 2017
- 1.17 pm IST PM Modi questions Kapil Sibal’s stand on Ayodhya issueTargeting Congress leader Kapil Sibal and his arguments made during the Ayodhya case hearing in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, PM Modi said, he has “no objection that Kapil Sibal is fighting on behalf of Muslim community but how can he say do not find a solution to this (Ayodhya issue) until next election? How is it connected to Lok Sabha elections?”“BJP in Gujarat has ended the ‘Tanker Raj.’ Tanker business was firmly in the hands of Congress leaders and their families,” says PM Modi in Dhandhuka. (ANI)
- 1.08 pm IST Congress has done greatest injustice to Sardar Patel, Babasahed Ambedkar, says PM ModiPM Modi in Dhandhuka says, “one family has done greatest injustice to Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and Sardar Patel. When Pandit Nehru’s influence on the Congress was complete, the Congress ensured that Dr. Ambedkar found it tough to join the Constituent Assembly. (ANI)