Yemen PM accuses separatists of coup after HQ takeover
Aden: Yemen’s Prime Minister Ahmed bin Dagher on Sunday accused southern separatists of staging a coup in the interim capital of Aden after they took over the government headquarters.
The premier in a statement called on the Saudi-led coalition fighting Iran-backed Huthi rebels to intervene, hours after fierce clashes erupted between military units loyal to the government of President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi and security forces loyal to the southern separatists.
At least six people have been killed and dozens wounded in the clashes that spread to most of Aden.
- Kumaraswamy takes oath as Karnataka chief minister today
- Railways invites applications for recruitment to 9,739 posts in RPF, RPSF
- Centre to extend key schemes to all villages: Amit Shah
- Fuel price hike: Govt to find a way out, says Union minister Shiv Pratab Shukla
- Sterlite protest turns violent in Tamil Nadu, 11 killed in police firing