BSP, JD(S) announce alliance for Karnataka, Lok Sabha elections
New Delhi: The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and the Janata Dal (Secular) on Thursday announced that they are entering into an alliance to contest the Karnataka assembly polls together.
The alliance would continue in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections as well, BSP leader Satish Chandra Misra and JD (S)’s Danish Ali said at a press conference. They said the two parties would contest the Karnataka assembly polls due sometime in April together.
The term of the 224-member Karnataka assembly ends in May.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) wants to wrest power from the Congress which rules the state now.
- Purana Qila to exhibit artefacts, pottery from Harappa, Mohenjodaro
- UAE to allow 100% business ownership to foreign investors
- What India can learn from failure of Malaysia’s GST
- Nicolas Maduro wins Venezuelan election, risking harsh oil sanctions
- US puts ‘trade war’ against China on hold, says Steven Mnuchin