Vladimir Putin links new Syria ceasefire deal to more pragmatic US stance
Hamburg: Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday that a new ceasefire deal in southern Syria was the result of the US altering its stance and becoming more pragmatic about the situation there.
Putin, speaking at a news conference at the G20 summit in Hamburg, was referring to a ceasefire and “de-escalation agreement” for south-western Syria reached by the US, Russia and Jordan on Friday. Reuters
- China pledges to buy more US products, no trade war
- Maharashtra bypolls set stage for fresh BJP-opposition face-off
- West Bengal panchayat polls: Former Maoist bastions now BJP hubs
- Karnataka govt formation: Congress, JD(S) working on power-sharing formula
- Karnataka govt formation: H.D. Kumaraswamy to meet Sonia, Rahul Gandhi in Delhi today