Indian Railways roll out text message service to get coaches cleaned
- West Bengal panchayat elections: Opposition fears more violence over poll nomination
- Karnataka elections: Can Siddaramaiah win back his old bastion?
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
New Delhi: Indian Railways on Friday rolled out a Clean My Coach service that allows train passengers to get their coaches cleaned by sending a text message or an online request.
To avail of this service, passengers need to text their CLEAN#PNR number to 58888 or also log on to the website www.cleanmycoach.com and enter their requests.
The request using a software named OBSERVE (On Board Services) will forward the request to the mobile phone of a cleaner present in the train. The Railway Administration will also simultaneously receive an intimation of such requests for follow-up.
“We would try our best to give clean trains to people and would also seek their support for the same,” railway minister Suresh Prabhu said. “I would request them to ensure cleanliness on their part also and be careful in their waste disposal so that trains and rail tracks are no more littered with waste.”