Delhi Metro to run till 10pm on Diwali
The last metro train on Diwali day will start at 10.00pm from terminal stations of all metro lines, including the Airport Express Line, says DMRC
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro will run till 10pm on Diwali, the DMRC said Wednesday, with the last metro train from terminal stations of all lines leaving at that time.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) said the train services will run as usual for the rest of the day—from 6.00 am onwards on all lines and from 4:45 am on the Airport Express Line.
“On account of the Diwali festival the last metro train service on 19 October will start at 10.00pm from terminal stations of all metro lines, including the Airport Express Line,” the DMRC said in a statement.
On Wednesday, the DMRC launched a specially decorated train in its endeavour to spread the message of cleanliness and promote clean and green environment. The train carrying slogans on cleanliness and greetings on Diwali was run especially to mark the occasion.
Editor's Picks »
- Stock Market LIVE: Sensex, Nifty set to open higher; Yes Bank in focus
- How payments ecosystem may be regulated in India
- Instagram founders’ exit means no one to challenge Zuckerberg
- Supreme Court verdict on Aadhaar validity today: 5 things to watch out for
- Vitamin C, other drugs in short supply as China shutters plants
- Jio’s market share zooms after it raises stakes with higher capex
- Tata Steel is not willing to give even an inch on the acquisitions front
- Rafale contract or not, HAL has its own issues
- Increasing tariffs may not be an effective solution to curb the rupee’s weakness
- Is India’s soulless rally losing heart?