Yoga to be taught in all Tamil Nadu schools: K. Palaniswami
Yoga will be taught in all schools in Tamil Nadu as part of the skill development of students and to enhance their physical strength, chief minister K. Palaniswami said
Chennai: Yoga will be taught in all schools in Tamil Nadu as part of the skill development of students and to enhance their physical strength, chief minister K. Palaniswami said on Thursday.
“To enhance skills, ensure mental peace and physical strength of all students, yoga training will be given,” he said. Accordingly, yoga classes will be held in all schools, he said, but did not divulge when the programme will be rolled out.
Speaking at a function organized in Chennai to give away appointment orders to teachers, the chief minister underlined the AIADMK government’s commitment to education.
- Modi government’s performance a mixed story, says Bimal Jalan
- Petrol, diesel prices cut for fourth straight day
- Amritsar train accident: Locals continue protest, demand action against driver
- India to put former top climate change official Rajendra Pachauri on trial for sexual harassment
- Rahul Gandhi hits out at KCR, claims Telangana reeling under debt
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed