Former Samajwadi Party MLC Sarojini Agarwal joins BJP
Former Samajwadi Party (SP) member of UP legislative council Sarojini Agarwal has joined the BJP at the ruling party’s headquarters in Lucknow on Saturday
Lucknow: Former Samajwadi Party (SP) member of UP legislative council Sarojini Agarwal on Saturday joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) at the ruling party’s headquarters in Lucknow in the presence of deputy chief minister and state BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya.
On 4 August, Agarwal had resigned from the legislative council membership, saying that she was not feeling comfortable in the party as senior leader Mulayam Singh Yadav was being ignored.
“I had been a party MLC twice due to Netaji (Mulayam). As he is not active in the party, I have resigned. I don’t have problems with anyone in the party and I respect everyone. I felt awkward after split in the party and did not feel like working in it,” Agarwal had said.
On Wednesday, SP MLC Ashok Bajpai resigned from the UP legislative council.
Editor's Picks »
- Global market calm at risk as commodities sink into correction
- Nokia 3.1 launched in India, plans to take on budget smartphones with attractive offers
- America, meet your faker: Sacha Baron Cohen is back
- Suzuki Motorcycle to invest ₹600 crore in its second India plant
- Samsung’s Noida phone plant masks Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ struggle
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey