Andhra Pradesh is the worst state in India for women
- West Bengal panchayat elections: Opposition fears more violence over poll nomination
- Karnataka elections: Can Siddaramaiah win back his old bastion?
- Fuel marketers may have to continue paying higher debit card fees
- 14 Naxals killed in Gadchiroli encounter in Maharashtra
- BJP gears up for solo fight in Maharashtra polls, but alliance talks on with Shiv Sena
Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh are the worst states in India for women, with 32,809 and 32,546 reported incidents of crime against women, respectively, in 2013, according to the National Crime Records Bureau. Nagaland, at 67 cases, is the safest state.
In 2012 too, Nagaland reported the lowest number of crimes against women, and West Bengal the highest. Mint looks at the latest data on crimes against women.