Fiscal deficit in April-October reaches 79.3% of full-year target
- Ambit CEO Ashok Wadhwa to buy QInvest’s stake in the group
- Parag Milk buys Danone dairy factory in Haryana
- Bringing China and India together will not be easy, says Jaishankar
- Insight is the hallmark of leadership, says Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
- Collaboration key to harnessing opportunities in business ecosystem
New Delhi: India’s fiscal deficit during the seven months to October was Rs4.24 trillion ($61.91 billion), or 79.3% of the budgeted target for the fiscal year ending in March 2017, government data showed on Wednesday.
The fiscal deficit was 74.0% of the full-year target during the same period a year ago.
Net tax receipts in the first seven months of 2016/17 fiscal year were Rs5.3 trillion. Reuters