ED conducts multiple searches in Srinagar in terror funding case
The ED conducted searches against Sheikh Ashiq Ahmad in connection with an alleged terror funding and hawala case involving over Rs20 crore funds
Srinagar:The enforcement directorate (ED) on Thursday, conducted searches at multiple locations in Jammu and Kashmir’s capital in connection with an alleged terror funding and hawala case involving over Rs20 crore funds.
Officials privy to the ED operations said the agency is conducting searches against one Sheikh Ashiq Ahmad and at least three premises connected to him.
They said Sheikh’s house in Ahmad Nagar and a firm identified as Al Khuddam Tours and Travels in Srinagar town are being searched.
The central agency has roped in the state police for conducting the searches, they said. The ED is probing the case under sections of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and it pertains to an alleged export outstanding of the firm to the tune of over Rs20 crore for a period of 2014-15 and some other block periods.
The ED suspects the case to be of terror funding through hawala dealing and other illegal transactions, they said.
- Ties between AIADMK, BJP hit a rough patch over income tax raids
- ED files supplementary charge sheet in AgustaWestland chopper scam case
- Supreme Court on Sabarimala: All men and women have equal right to worship
- US offers India armed version of Guardian drone
- Railways commissioned 30% fewer tracks in FY18, the lowest in first 4 years of Modi govt
Editor's Picks »
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Going into 2019, has brand Modi lost some of its sheen?
- Sun Pharma’s cancer injection from Halol plant gets USFDA nod
- A click moment for us was raising ₹100 crore in seed round to chase our dreams: Manish Lunia
- HDFC mutual fund arm to launch its ₹2,800 crore initial share sale next week
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?