Sri Lankan navy arrests 18 Tamil Nadu fishermen
- 2002 Gujarat riots: Maya Kodnani acquitted in Naroda Patiya case
- Sebi fines Suzlon Rs1.1 crore for violating insider trading norms
- Vedanta’s Electrosteel acquisition credit neutral: Report
- Sebi order of winding up Sahara Mutual Fund stayed by SAT
- Reliance General profit rises 27% to Rs165 crore in FY18
Rameswaram: Eighteen fishermen from Tamil Nadu were arrested on Wednesday by Sri Lankan naval personnel on charges of fishing in Lankan territorial waters, officials said. The fishermen from here, who set out for fishing in a mechanized boat, were arrested by Lankan personnel off Neduntheevu, fisheries department deputy director KT Gopinath said. The fishermen have been taken to Sri Lanka, he said.