RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi to retain position till 2021
Nagpur: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi, who has been holding the post since 2009, was on Saturday given another three-year term.
“The election of seh karyavah was today held peacefully and Shri Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi was re-elected for another term,” RSS Prachar Pramukh Manmohan Vaidya told reporters in Nagpur. He was speaking after the triennial meeting of the Sangh. Joshi will now continue in the post till 2021.
According to sources, who were present in the meeting, no other name was proposed. The Sangh’s general secretary is its executive head who looks after the day-to-day affairs of the organisation.
- Lalu Prasad sentenced to 14 years in jail in fourth fodder scam case
- Aircel Maxis case: Court reserves order on Karti Chidambaram’s plea for protection from arrest
- Virat Kohli to play county cricket in preparation for England series
- China talks tough on trade war, warns US of countermeasures
- Apple CEO Tim Cook calls for more regulations on data privacy