Wings of Ethiopian Airlines, Air India planes collide at Delhi airport
An Ethiopian Airlines plane clipped wings with an Air India aircraft at Delhi airport
New Delhi: An Ethiopian Airlines plane clipped wings with an Air India aircraft at the Indira Gandhi International airport.
The incident happened on Tuesday night when the Ethiopian Airlines’ plane was pushing back for take off and Air India’s Airbus A320 was parked.
The wings of the two planes collided with each other, said an Air India official on the condition of anonymity. The Air India plane has been grounded temporarily. A statement from Ethiopian Airlines is awaited.
The Air India official said the national carrier will be claiming damages from Ethiopian Airlines.
Editor's Picks »
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?